Oxford

Electrical fire closes Banbury's Castle Quay Shopping Centre

Shoppers were evacuated from an Oxfordshire shopping centre after fire broke out in an electrical room.

Firefighters were called to the Castle Quay Shopping Centre in Banbury shortly after 13:00 GMT on Sunday.

The fire, involving high-voltage cables in the power distribution system, was tackled by crews using breathing apparatus and thermal imaging cameras.

Shortly after, crews said the smoke had been cleared from the centre and shoppers were allowed to return.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites