Elderly man rescued from flat fire in Oxford

An elderly man has been rescued from a fire in his flat in Oxford.

Crews were called shortly before midnight on Sunday to Ridgemont Close after a neighbour heard a smoke alarm and saw smoke.

The man was still inside the heavily smokelogged ground floor flat. He was brought out and taken to hospital by ambulance.

The fire started in the kitchen and was thought to be accidental, Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue service said.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites