No poison found at Heathlake Local Nature Reserve
A Berkshire council has refuted claims of dog poisoning at a nature reserve.
Rumours spread on social media sites following the deaths of two dogs that had visited Heathlake Local Nature Reserve.
But "thorough investigations" by Wokingham Borough Council found no toxins to substantiate the claims.
Chris Buggy, countryside co-ordinator, said: "There have been no other reported deaths or illnesses reported by local veterinary practices".
Thames Valley Police had advised dog owners to be vigilant whilst the claims were investigated.
Warning posters were also erected at the Heathlake site.
Mr Buggy added: "They looked at everything.
"We do hope this puts dog walkers' minds at rest and helps them when making decisions about where to exercise their dogs."