Electricity restored in Ludlow after 'shock from tap'
Power supply to more than 50 homes in Shropshire was cut off after a householder reported getting an electric shock from a tap.
Engineers worked through Friday night as an investigation was carried out at Honey Meadow, Ludlow.
Scott Somerville of Central Networks said the substation was immediately shut down after the call was received.
A total of 56 homes were without power for 24 hours. It was restored on Saturday evening.
Mr Somerville said power was restored when engineers were satisfied the network was completely safe.
"When we receive reports of problems such as this we obviously have to make sure that the network is safe and no one is at risk," he said.
"But it's important to stress that these things are very rare and sometimes this can be caused by faults within individual homes."