Crews have tackled a large fire at a former shop in Stoke-on-Trent.
Firefighters were called to the old Lewis and Sproson building, a former flower shop, in Snow Hill, Shelton, during the early hours.
A Staffordshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said the shop had been well alight with flames going through the roof when they arrived.
Snow Hill, one of the main routes into the city centre, was temporarily closed while the building was made safe.
Commander Chris Elkin, from Hanley fire station, said firefighters' main priority had been to stop the fire from spreading to the Bell and Bear pub next door.
He said conditions had been made more difficult by the shop's asbestos roof.