Stoke & Staffordshire

Don Bur factory fire in Stoke-on-Trent caused by drying system

A fire at a factory which makes trailers in Stoke-on-Trent was caused by a faulty drying system, the fire service has said.

The blaze at Don Bur on Mossfield Road, Adderley Green, took 40 firefighters six hours to put out on Monday.

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue station manager Phil Smith said about 20% of the single-story building caught fire.

"I believe it [the area where the fire occurred] would possibly be demolished in the next few days," he added.

Richard Owen, from Don Bur, said the company was was not affected and it was "business as usual".

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites