Stoke & Staffordshire

Woman injured in Newcastle-under-Lyme house fire

A woman has been taken to hospital with serious burns to her leg after a fire in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire.

It happened just before midday at a property on Freehold Street.

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue said they believed it started in the living room through "careless use" of smoking material.

The service said the 66-year-old suffered superficial burns to her arm and serious burns to her leg. She is being treated in hospital.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites