Crewe house fire: Woman dies in 'fridge fault' blaze

A 74-year-old woman died in a house fire thought to have been caused by a faulty fridge-freezer, the fire service said.

The blaze started in a bungalow on Prior Close, Wistaston, near Crewe, on Saturday evening.

An initial investigation suggested there was an electrical fault with the appliance, Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

A smoke alarm was fitted and working in the home, it added.

More on This Story

From other news sites

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Stoke & Staffordshire

Weather

301 Moved Permanently

Moved Permanently

The document has moved here.

Features

Copyright © 2018 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.