Newmarket flat fire leaves residents unable to return home

George Lambton Avenue fire Image copyright Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
Image caption Eight appliances were called the fire in George Lambton Avenue, Newmarket, on Sunday night

More than 20 people, including seven children, were told they could not return home after a fire at a block of flats in Suffolk.

Eight appliances were sent to George Lambton Avenue in Newmarket between 17:00 and 18:00 BST on Sunday.

The fire caused substantial damage to one flat and affected six others, crews said.

All 23 people who live in the block were unable to return home on Sunday night. No-one was injured in the fire.

Read more on this story and other Suffolk news

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites