Surrey

Man injured in house explosion in Guildford

A man has been taken to hospital following an explosion at a house in Guildford.

Surrey Police said the man suffered non-life threatening injuries in the incident at a property in Stoughton Road at about 1045 BST on Thursday.

The force said the blast was not suspicious and was caused by a kitchen fire which involved an aerosol can.

Nearby buildings were evacuated and part of Stoughton Road was closed for about four hours.

Local residents who were affected were temporarily accommodated at the Jarvis Centre.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites