Weybridge properties evacuated after gas leak
Several properties have been evacuated and roads cordoned off following a gas leak in Surrey.
Southern Gas Networks said emergency services were called to Church Street in Weybridge at about 16:20 BST.
Spokeswoman Anne Neilson said it was believed a gas pipe had been damaged when an electrical cable "faulted underground" near The Pharmacy.
She said residents had been moved out of their homes nearby while repairs were carried out on the damaged main.
Ms Neilson said Southern Gas Networks was making arrangements for alternative accommodation overnight and liaising with Elmbridge Borough Council.
About eight properties either side of the shop and above it are understood to have been evacuated.
Surrey Fire and Rescue said there had been a small fire in the electrical cable before the gas leak.