The family of a man who died shortly after an ambulance crew left him without diagnosing his condition have said they feel he was let down.
Brighton and Hove coroner Veronica Hamilton-Deeley said at an inquest on Thursday that Mike Bradford received "hasty, speculative treatment".
"I am still very, very angry," said his fiancee Di Leggett, who called 999 on the night Mr Bradford died on 14 June.
South East Coast Ambulance (SECamb) said it accepted the inquest findings.
The two paramedics, Wayne Newton and Rob Broadway, remain suspended pending the results of an internal investigation.
The inquest heard they took only basic emergency equipment up to 38-year-old Mr Bradford's flat in Portslade instead of taking a bulky 12-lead electrocardiogram (ECG), which records the rhythm and electrical activity of the heart.
He was told he might be suffering from a chest infection and should see his GP the following day.
But within half an hour of them leaving, Mr Bradford complained of feeling ill again and a second ambulance was sent to his Sussex flat.
He suffered a cardiac arrest and resuscitation attempts failed.
"He collapsed and that was it," said Ms Leggett, who was to have married Mr Bradford a month after his death.
"I thought they were very rushed that night."
Mr Bradford's father, Colin, said the paramedics should have taken their patient to hospital.
"If the procedure had been done properly, he could have been saved," he said.
"They didn't try. They didn't do their job properly."
Ms Hamilton-Deeley, who recorded a narrative verdict, said "a potentially different outcome" could have been reached had a correct diagnosis been given.
"I think he should have had better treatment, and there is a possibility he would be here today," said his mother, Janet.
"It has broken us but we have just got to accept it."
Following the inquest, SECamb said it would develop a robust action plan to implement any changes as quickly as possible.