Man arrested over Sompting bungalow blast
A 54-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson following an explosion at a bungalow in West Sussex.
One man was taken to hospital for treatment for shock after being pulled from the building in Hillside Avenue, Sompting, by a passerby on Thursday.
The explosion, which is believed to have been caused by a gas cylinder, led to a fire in the front of the property.
Sussex Police said a local man had been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life.
Det Insp Rob Walker said: "We believe this is related to a domestic incident at the address and there is no threat or risk to any member of the public.
"We are investigating the circumstances which led up to the fire at this property."
Hillbarn Avenue was closed temporarily while West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service tackled the fire.