Sussex

Man beaten up by gang in Hove for wallet and phone

A photo of the victim taken shortly after the incident by police Image copyright Sussex Police
Image caption The victim agreed to the release of this photo but did not want to be named

A man has been treated for serious facial injuries after he was robbed of his wallet and phone in a street.

The 42-year-old victim was attacked by a group of youths in Hove as he walked home in the early hours of Saturday.

Sussex Police said he was kicked and punched to the ground by up to 10 youths outside Uncle Sam's takeaway in Queens Parade, Hangleton Road.

Det Sgt Simon Dunn said it had been a "nasty and cowardly attack" which had left the victim badly shaken.

All the suspects were described as white and in their late teens.

Anyone who was in the area just before 04:00 GMT and who witnessed the attack is asked to contact officers.

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites