Tees

Couple in hospital after Hartlepool chip pan fire

A couple have been taken to hospital after a chip pan fire which badly damaged their home on Teesside.

Firefighters were called to the house in Dunlin Road, Hartlepool, early on Sunday and spent 30 minutes damping down the flames.

The two occupants of the house had to be taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

A spokeswoman for Cleveland Fire Brigade said the kitchen was destroyed in the blaze.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites