Tyne & Wear

Poison fears after dog dies in Sunderland

Pet owners in Sunderland have been warned to be on their guard after three cases of suspected poisoning.

One dog died and two others became seriously ill after eating chicken found outside.

Police said initial inquiries led them to believe a variety of poison had been used.

People have been advised to check areas which their dogs have access to to ensure that there is nothing suspicious lying about.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites