A firefighter was injured while tackling a major fire at a pub in Wiltshire on Saturday night.
The blaze began in the upper floor of the Black Horse in Bath Road, Devizes, and spread to the roof.
Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said the pub was evacuated after a passerby called in to tell the landlord he could see smoke coming from the roof.
The A361 through the town was closed for several hours. An electrical fault is being blamed for starting the fire.
Seven engines attended the fire at the height of the incident.
A portable pump was used to draw extra water from the nearby Kennet and Avon canal.
The injured firefighter was taken to the Great Western Hospital, but was discharged after precautionary checks.
Station manager Ade Hurren praised crews who fought to stop the flames spreading to neighbouring homes.
"I was very impressed with the efforts of the initial crews as they fought to contain a seriously developing fire," he said.