Wiltshire

Luckington Manor fire was caused 'by mirror'

Fire at Luckington Manor
Image caption Fire crews were called to the blaze at Luckington Manor on Friday afternoon

A fire at a Grade II listed building in Wiltshire was most likely caused by sunlight reflecting from a mirror, the fire service has said.

Luckington Manor was badly damaged in the fire on Friday which started in a bedroom of the 17th Century building.

At the height of the blaze officers from all but three of the service's 24 fire stations were at the manor.

The brigade said reflective objects "should never be left on a windowsill or any surface by a window".

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites