Fire crews tackle nightclub fire in York
An investigation is under way after a fire badly damaged a club in York.
Fire crews were called to Club Salvation in George Hudson Street just after 0400 BST.
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said the fire started in the smoking area of the building, which was partially exposed to the open air.
The fire spread to other areas of the first floor and second floor. The fire service said there were no reports of anyone injured.
Firefighters from York, Acomb, Huntington and Tadcaster were sent to the scene. An aerial ladder and 14 breathing apparatus were used.