Harrogate restaurant substation explosion cuts power
Hundreds of properties were left without power for up to 10 hours after an explosion at an electrical substation in North Yorkshire.
An electrical fault is thought to have caused the minor blast in Cheltenham Parade, in the centre of Harrogate, on Friday evening.
The substation is in the basement of a three-storey building which houses Le Bistrot Pierre restaurant and offices.
CE Electric said 524 customers lost power after the incident at 1830 GMT.
All supplies were restored by 0430 GMT on Saturday, the firm said.
A restaurant spokesman said the building had to be evacuated and some property had been damaged by the fire.
The restaurant reopened on Saturday afternoon.