Teen in court on rioting charges
A 17-year-old boy has been remanded in custody at Belfast Youth Court after being charged in connection with Twelfth of July rioting in north Belfast.
The youth, who cannot be identified, faced charges of riotous assembly and possession of an offensive weapon, namely a golf club.
He is also accused of riotous behaviour and a further count of having an offensive weapon over a separate incident at Clifton Park Avenue in the city on 20 May.
A number of police officers were injured during three days of trouble in the Ardoyne area linked to a disputed Orange Order parade on 12 July.
The youth was remanded in custody to appear again next month.
Meanwhile, a 15-year-old boy charged with riotous assembly at Ardoyne was brought back to court on Friday for an alleged breach of bail.
He was to be subjected to electronic monitoring and a night-time curfew as part of his release conditions.
But a police constable told Belfast Youth Court that when a security firm called at his home on Thursday night to install the tagging device no-one answered the door.
A lawyer for the boy said he had just been released from hospital after being treated for injuries sustained in an alleged assault.
The court was told the youth and his mother were "exhausted", went to bed and simply did not hear anyone at their door.
Although District Judge George Conner held there had been a technical breach, he ruled that the suspect could be released again under the same conditions.