Two charged over explosives destined for use in NI
Two men in their 20s have been charged in relation to an explosives find in the Republic of Ireland.
More than 5kg of plastic explosives, detonators and other military grade items were seized in Dublin on Friday.
Irish police said they believed they were destined for use in Northern Ireland.
They arrested the two men, aged 21 and 28, after stopping a taxi on Spring Garden Street in the Ballybough area at about 18:00 local time.
The operation was part of an investigation into dissident republican activity.
Police said it was highly significant as it indicates that dissident groups have now found new sources for commercial explosives, which previously they had removed from IRA dumps.
People were moved from their homes as army bomb disposal experts worked for over three hours to make the area safe.
Residents were allowed back into their homes at about 23:00 on Friday.
A third man - aged 55 - was arrested and released without charge.