Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland

Gas cylinder explodes at South Queensferry garage

About 20 residents have had to spend the night in temporary accommodation following an explosion at a garage in South Queensferry.

A 17-year-old suffered burns to his arms when a gas cylinder exploded at Hawes Garage at about 1700 BST on Tuesday.

Firefighters evacuated neighbouring homes and worked through the night to prevent the fire spreading.

Experts from British Oxygen helped make the acetylene cylinder safe.