Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland

Toddler taken to hospital after flat blaze in Salamander Street

A toddler has been taken to hospital after a blaze broke out in an Edinburgh flat.

Firefighters were called to Salamander Street in Leith at 21:20 on Sunday.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said the flames were extinguished before crews arrived. The fire had started in an oven.

A 22-month-old girl and a 22-year-old man were treated for smoke inhalation. The girl was taken to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites