HMS Edinburgh: Bid to bring destroyer back to city as tourist attraction
Plans are being drawn up to bring a decommissioned warship back to Edinburgh as a tourist attraction.
Independent MSP Margo MacDonald has organised a meeting to discuss the idea of locating HMS Edinburgh in the Scottish capital.
She said such a move would be a great boost to the city's economy.
The Ministry of Defence said no final decision had been made on what to do with the ship, which was decommissioned earlier this month.
The 30-year-old vessel was the largest of the Type 42 destroyers, and patrolled the Falklands, the Far East and the Baltic during the second Gulf War.
HMS Edinburgh - which underwent a £17.5m refit in 2010 - was decommissioned two weeks ago, with her role being taken up by the new state-of-the-art Type 45 destroyers.
Ms MacDonald has organised a meeting to discuss the plans for the vessel.
She wants to see it brought back to Edinburgh and tied up alongside the Royal Yacht Britannia.
Thursday's meeting will be chaired by Lord Provost Donald Wilson and will be attended by businessman Sir Tom Farmer, senior representatives from the city council and Forth Ports authority.