Man rescued from flat fire in Ayr town centre

  • Published

Firefighters have rescued a man through the window of a burning first floor flat in the centre of Ayr.

The Strathclyde Fire and Rescue crews were called to the blaze in a four-storey building on the High Street on Friday afternoon.

The man was pulled out of the smoke-filled flat by firefighters using an aerial rescue pump and given medical treatment by paramedic staff.

A fire service spokesman said the fire was put out in less than two hours.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.