Glasgow & West Scotland

Three rescued after Ibrox tenement fire

Three people have been taken to hospital after a fire in a tenement block in Glasgow.

The blaze broke out in the kitchen of a flat in the Ibrox area of the city at about 01:00.

Firefighters rescued one person from the stairwell and two from inside a flat.

They were taken to the Southern General Hospital after suffering smoke inhalation.

Meanwhile, another man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a house fire on the island of Islay.

Emergency services were alerted to the blaze in Port Ellen at about 03:00.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites