Glasgow & West Scotland

Woman hurt after grill pan fire in Stevenston home

A woman has been treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a grill pan caught fire in the kitchen of her home in North Ayrshire.

Fire crews attended the property in Stevenston at about 17:50 on Thursday and quickly extinguished the blaze.

The woman was given oxygen therapy for slight smoke inhalation before being transferred to the care of paramedics.

Fire crews from nearby Kilwinning and Ardrossan stayed at the scene to clear the property of smoke.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites