Glasgow & West Scotland

Woman treated in hospital after toaster fire in Fairlie

A woman has been taken to hospital following a fire at a house in North Ayrshire.

The fire began about 06:30 when flames from a toaster ignited a tea-towel before spreading to engulf the kitchen of the house in Bay Street, Fairlie.

One woman who had escaped from the house was treated for shock and the effects of smoke inhalation.

Firefighters praised the householder for getting out of the building quickly rather than tackling the flames.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites