Glasgow & West Scotland

Man in hospital after kitchen fire at Dennistoun flat

A man has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a flat in Glasgow east end.

Crews were called to the four-storey block in Walter Street, Dennistoun, at 17:55 on Thursday.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze.

The man was treated at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation before being taken by ambulance to nearby Glasgow Royal Infirmary.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites