Glasgow & West Scotland

Woman hurt in 'cigarette' house fire in Greenock

A woman has been treated by paramedics following a fire at a house in Greenock that is thought to have been caused by a dropped cigarette.

Crews were called to the two-storey house, in the Inverclyde town's McNab Place, shortly before 07:00.

They found the property "well alight" and established that two people had managed to escape beforehand.

Firefighters provided treatment to a woman at the scene before paramedics arrived and took over.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said four firefighters in breathing apparatus searched the property and crews extinguished the blaze.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites