Unsafe chimney closes busy Byres Road in Glasgow
One of the busiest roads in Glasgow's west end has been closed to traffic amid concerns about an unsafe chimney.
Police Scotland said it was made aware of concerns about the chimney, at 105 Byres Road, above the Countrywide estate agents shop, at about 09:30.
Byres Road was shut between Lawrence Street and White Street and the flats below and estate agents evacuated.
Glasgow City Council said building control officers were attending and the chimney would be taken down.
A council spokesman said: "Byres Road is completely closed at the moment due to a dangerous chimneyhead at 105 Byres Road - the chimneyhead had partially collapsed.
"The residents of the top two floors and the estate agents on the ground floor have been evacuated.
"The council's building control team will continue to assess the situation. What's remaining of the chimneyhead will be taken down by contractors as soon as possible, and this is likely to be completed tomorrow."