Glasgow & West Scotland

Two people hurt in Bellshill house kitchen blaze

Two people have been treated for the effects of smoke inhalation following a fire at a house in North Lanarkshire.

Crews were called to the blaze, in the kitchen of a property in Victoria Place, Bellshill, at 21:20 on Thursday.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the house and extinguished the fire.

Paramedics were called to treat a man and woman for the effects of mild smoke inhalation. No one was seriously injured in the blaze.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites