Highlands & Islands

Woman rescued from fire in Inverness flat

Firefighters led a woman to safety and a man was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a flat in Inverness on Wednesday.

The emergency services were alerted to the blaze in one of eight flats in a two-storey block in Hilton at 23:25.

Three appliances from Inverness went to the scene and firefighters in breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.

The fire started in the kitchen of the flat.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites