Guests evacuated after Invercauld Hotel fire in Braemar
Dozens of guests had to be evacuated after a fire started at an Aberdeenshire hotel.
Three appliances were sent to the scene after the fire started in a bedroom at the Invercauld Hotel in Braemar at about 0610 BST.
Crews from Braemar, Ballater and Balmoral took about 40 minutes to bring it under control. No-one was injured.
The hotel owners, Shearings, said it believed the fire started when a light bulb set a curtain alight.
Earlier, a man was treated for the effects of breathing in smoke following a house fire in Aberdeen's Wood Street.