NE Scotland, Orkney & Shetland

Fire crews tackle Rothes blaze and explosion

Fire scene

A fire at a house in Rothes which caused a gas cylinder to explode has been put out.

Two appliances were sent to the scene of the fire at Elgin Road in the Moray village shortly before 08:45.

The exploding cylinder caused damage to a nearby vehicle and broke house windows.

Nobody was injured, although one person was said to have suffered shock.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites