Scotland business

East Kilbride shop fitter Nabco acquired by directors

Bakery display
Image caption Nabco specialises in a range of sectors, including convenience stores

East Kilbride-based shop fitter Nabco has been acquired in a management buy-out (MBO) by the company's two original directors.

Nabco managing director Jim Millar and director Alex Perrie owned 10% of the firm and bought out the remaining 90% from a holding company in St Albans.

The transaction was led by accountants and business advisers PKF.

Nabco was founded 11 years ago and employs eight staff plus subcontractors.

The business has a turnover of £2.5m per year and specialises in the food sector, convenience stores and garden centres with customers including Scotmid, Bookers, Klondyke Strikes garden centres, Arcadia Group and Semi-Chem.

Mr Millar commented: "We have always been ambitious for the business and felt that it could expand with the right investment, knowledge and experience of the marketplace.

"I think that we have a have a well-established business with a strong client base and the MBO will allow us to expand our range of products and develop markets which wouldn't have been possible under the previous owners."

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites