BBC News

Borders man suffers burns from fire after ice slip

Published

A man has been taken to hospital with burns after slipping on snow melted by a bonfire which he had started.

The 58-year-old ended up trapped between a wall and the fire at Teviothead in the Scottish Borders.

The incident happened at about 1130 GMT on Wednesday and the man was taken to St John's Hospital in Livingston.

A fire service spokeswoman said he had suffered burns to his hands and back but his injuries were thought to be minor.

Related Internet Links

  • LBFRS

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.