South Scotland

Duns fire rescue neighbours praised

Fire chiefs have praised the quick response of neighbours after a man was rescued from a burning property.

Residents at The Mount in Duns contacted Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue after hearing a smoke alarm at about 18:30 on Saturday.

Firefighters rescued the 43-year-old from the property and gave him oxygen.

He was treated by an ambulance team for smoke inhalation but did not need hospital treatment. It is believed the fire was caused by a pan of food.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites