South Scotland

Kirkcudbright chip pan fire leaves man in hospital

A man has been taken to hospital after an unattended chip pan caused a fire at a house in Kirkcudbright.

Firefighters were called to Castledykes Road at about 11:55 in response to a 999 call by a neighbour who heard a smoke alarm.

The flames were put out before they could spread beyond the kitchen.

Fire crews provided the man with oxygen at the scene before he was taken by ambulance to Dumfries Infirmary for treatment.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites