Firework set fire to family home
A family's life was put in danger after a "reckless" firework set fire to a house in the early hours of the morning, police have said.
The firework was set off in front of a home in Drymen, Stirling, on Sunday morning while the family, including three children, were sleeping.
The porch caught fire but the family escaped unharmed after a smoke alarm went off.
A 23-year-old man is being questioned in connection with the incident.
Ch Supt Davie Flynn, from Central Scotland Police, said: "It is beyond belief that someone would be so reckless as to set off a firework in the direction of a family home in the early hours of the morning while they slept."
The officer said the incident was "extremely dangerous" and could have resulted in far more serious consequences.
The force is in the second week of an operation to crack down on those who set off fireworks outside prescribed times or sell them illegally.
Ch Supt Flynn added: "We'll also be taking a zero tolerance approach to people who set out to target emergency service workers as they respond to incidents."
"It's our aim that this Bonfire Night passes peacefully with the public able to enjoy the occasion safely and without incident or injury."