M9 death: Driver and car traced after Michael Easton died 'crossing carriageway'
Detectives have traced the driver and car they believe was involved in the accident which killed a 13-year-old boy on the M9.
The body of Michael Easton was discovered at 05:40 on Saturday morning close to the motorway's Cadgers Brae interchange, near Grangemouth.
Police Scotland think the teenager had crossed the eastbound carriageway before he was struck by a vehicle.
Anyone with information has still been urged to contact the police.
They want to speak to drivers who were on the motorway between 21:50 and 22:15 on Friday who could be witnesses.
Det Insp Graeme Hendry said: "We have had a good response from the public and as a result we were able to narrow down the timeframe.
"I am appealing to all drivers who were on the motorway between these times to contact the police service on 101.
"Investigations are continuing into the cause of the collision and Michael's family have requested privacy during this time."
Michael's body was discovered between Junction 5 and Junction 6 of the motorway on Saturday.
In a statement released through the police, his family said they had been left "utterly devastated".
It said: "Michael was a quiet and well-behaved boy, who never caused any trouble and who would have helped anybody. He loved his family deeply."
Michael, who was from Polmont, was last seen in Grangemouth town centre at about 21:50 on Friday night.