Wales

Maesteg murder: man charge after two stabbed

Thomas Sutton
Image caption Thomas Sutton, 20, died last Tuesday

A 22-year-old man has been charged with murder and attempted murder following a double stabbing in Maesteg.

Thomas Sutton, 20, from Caerau, was killed in the incident at about 21:00 BST last Tuesday in Nantyffyllon, near Maesteg.

A teenager, named locally as Kyle Harris, 17, is understood to still be in a critical condition in hospital.

The man is in police custody and is due to appear before Bridgend Magistrates' Court on Monday.

Det Ch Insp Steve Benson-Davison, who is leading the murder investigation, said: "Although this individual has been charged, we are still urging anyone in the community with information to contact police as the investigation into these offences continues."

He said officers were particularly keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone who was in the Tonna Road area of Maesteg on Tuesday, 26 June between 19:00 and 21:30 BST.

"I would like to thank the community of Maesteg and the media for their support of the investigation so far," Det Ch Insp Benson-Davison added.

"The information provided to us has been invaluable."

The injured teenager is being treated at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend.

South Wales Police asked for anyone with information to contact the incident room at Bridgend police station on 01656 306099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites