Manics among Welsh Music Prize shortlist nominees
Artists including Manic Street Preachers, Super Furry Animals frontman Gruff Rhys are among those nominated for this year's Welsh Music Prize.
Also in the running are Cate Le Bon and Euros Childs, alongside lesser-known acts such as Slowly Rolling Camera and Samoans.
Created by BBC Radio 1 DJ Huw Stephens and music promoter John Rostron, the Welsh Music Prize champions and promotes the best original music from Wales.
Co-founder Mr Rostron said: "It's really exciting to be announcing this shortlist, and to see a few established names up against some newcomers."
Huw Stephens said: "It's been another great year for Welsh albums and the WMP shortlist shows that."
- 9 Bach - Tincian
- Cate Le Bon - Mug Museum
- Euros Child - Situation Comedy
- Future of the Left - How To Stop Your Brain In An Accident
- Gruff Rhys - American Interior
- Gulp - Season Sun
- Joanna Gruesome - Weird Sister
- Manic Street Preachers - Futurology
- Samoans - Rescue
- Slowly Rolling Camera - Slowly Rolling Camera
- The Gentle Good - Y Bardd Anfarwol
- The People The Poet - The Narrator
Last year, Aberystwyth's Georgia Ruth took home the prize for her debut album Week of Pines.
The singer-songwriter also appears on one of this year's entries, lending her vocals to Manic Street Preachers album Futurology.