Mid Wales

Powys fire man flown to hospital in Birmingham

A man has been flown to hospital in Birmingham with serious burns after a fire in a house in Powys.

Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters were called to a property in Knighton at about 18:30 GMT.

The blaze, thought to have been caused by a paraffin heater, was out by the time firefighters arrived.

A second person was given oxygen therapy for the effects of smoke but did not need hospital treatment.

The property was cleared of smoke by the fire crews.

The man, whose condition is not known, was flown to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham by air ambulance.

The hospital has a specialist burns unit.

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites