Queen's Birthday Honours: Mid-Wales volunteers recognised
Volunteers and charity champions from across mid Wales have been recognised in the Queen's Birthday Honours list.
Aberystwyth University Professor Lynda Warren was conferred a British Empire Medal (BEM) for her services to environmental protection.
Prof Warren, of Machynlleth, Powys, sat on the UK government committee for radioactive waste management.
Five other Mid-Wales champions are honoured in the list.
- David Thomas, of Llandysul, Ceredigion, recognised for services to charity in Africa and pastoral care in the fire service in Wales
- Roy Palmer, of Llandrindod Wells, Powys, for services to charity and the community
- Anthony Hawkins, of Ceredigion, for voluntary service to disabled people in Ceredigion.
- Barbara Elliott, of Crickhowell, Powys, for services to young people, charity and the community in Llangattock and Crickhowell
- Susan Brook, of Brecon, Powys, for services to the community in Llanfrynach and Cantref