Stomach bug closes ward at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd
A stomach bug has led to the temporary closure of a geriatric ward at a Denbighshire hospital.
The virus, which causes vomiting and diarrhoea, was found in ward 2 of Ysbyty Glan Clwyd, Bodelwyddan, at the weekend.
Infection control measures are in place to stop the virus spreading.
A spokeswoman for the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board said the ward is "currently closed to new admissions, discharges and transfer of patients".
'Observe and comply'
But she added there are no restrictions on visitors to the ward.
"Although there are no restrictions on visiting we urge visitors not to attend the ward unless absolutely necessary," she said.
"Those who do visit must observe and comply with the additional infection control precautions in place."
The health board was unable to say how many patients had been infected.
No other wards at the hospital have been affected by the outbreak.
It is not yet known if this incident is an early outbreak of norovirus, also known as the winter vomiting disease.