Decision on plan to replace Wrexham leisure centre deferred to March
A decision on whether to close a leisure centre in Wrexham and replace it with a new £12m facility has been deferred until March.
Councillors are being advised that proposals for a new complex to replace Waterworld, recommended by consultants last year, is not affordable.
Instead officials are advising that the council's leisure facilities should be run by a trust.
A similar trust runs the council's Plas Madoc leisure centre at Acrefair.
It was saved from closure last autumn after a campaign by the local community.
Members of a council scrutiny committee discussed recommendations on Wednesday evening.
Speaking after the meeting, committee chairman Councillor John Pritchard said members did not support recommendations in the report and and would defer discussions until March.
He said members of the scrutiny committee wanted to consider a conditions survey being made on Waterworld before making any recommendations to the council's executive board.