North West Wales

Man in hospital, two rescued after Abergele flat fire

A man has been taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire at a first floor flat in Conwy county.

Firefighters rescued two people who escaped the smoke by climbing on to a flat roof following the chip pan blaze at Chapel Street, Abergele, on Saturday evening.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service were alerted after a smoke detector caused someone to raise the alarm.

The man's condition is not yet known.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites