Llanrwst undertaker who survived fatal fire arranges funerals
The only survivor of a fire who tried and failed to save the two who died has described how he "can't make sense of it".
Garry Lloyd Jones lost his partner, Bernard Hender, 19, and business partner Doug McTavish, 39.
Mr McTavish's funeral was held in Llanrwst, Conwy, on Friday, a week after fire in a flat above the funeral director's which Mr Lloyd Jones runs.
The fire started in a tumble dryer and the flat had no smoke alarms fitted.
"They were two lovely lads in different ways," said Mr Lloyd Jones.
Mr Hender's funeral will take place next Friday and as the local funeral director, Mr Lloyd Jones is having to arrange both.
"That's the business I'm in," he told BBC Wales.
Mr Lloyd Jones said he was awoken by smoke at around 06:00 BST last Friday and tried to pull Mr Hender out while screaming for Mr McTavish.
He described Mr McTavish as "an absolute gentleman" and said Mr Hender was "full of fun" with a "zest for life".
"I've got my friends around me and my family have been unbelievable and the support of the people of Llanrwst is getting me through it. I'm making the arrangements myself - I have to - and for Bernie," he said.
"Lives could have been saved if we'd had fire alarms fitted."
He added: "It's unbelievable, you never think a thing like this will happen."